Yugioh – Weekly Free Speed Duel Tournament
Date(s) - June 30, 2019
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Join us every Sunday for our Free Yugioh tournament, a great way to have some fun and meet other YuGiOh! players. The tournament is open to players of all skill levels, so feel free to come and play regardless of your experience and have fun!
Entry is free and includes a Speed Duel OTS pack. Additional prizing is available based on tournament turnout and player standings (more details below).
What is Speed Dueling?
- Speed Dueling is a specialised version of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME.
- Speed Dueling features 4 basic card types: Monster Cards, Spell Cards, Trap Cards and Skill Cards.
- The goal is to Summon powerful monsters, power them up with Spell or Trap Cards, and battle your opponent.
- Skill Cards let you become your favourite Yu-Gi-Oh! character, and give you special abilities to use in your Duels!
- Both players start with 4,000 Life Points. Reduce your opponent’s Life Points to 0 to win the Duel!
- Speed Dueling cards feature a special symbol. Only cards with this symbol can be used in Speed Duels.
- Skill Cards are special cards designed for Speed Dueling, and can only be used in Speed Duels.
Prizing and tournament structure
Every 2 players who join the tournament add 1 pack to the total prize pool. The tournament will use the following structure:
- 4-8 Players: 3 Rounds of Swiss, prizing based on standings after round 3 (No cut to elimination)
- 9-16 Players: 4 Rounds of Swiss, cut to top 4 players elimination (Prizing awarded afterword)
- 17-32 Players: 5 Rounds of Swiss, cut to top 4 players elimination (Prizing awarded afterword)
- 33-64 Players: 6 Rounds of Swiss, cut to top 8 players elimination (Prizing awarded afterword)
A swiss round means that players are not eliminated regardless of how many losses occur. Elimination means the player is dropped from the tournament after a loss.
Please ensure your deck follows the Forbidden and Limited List.