The Caster Chronicles – Grand Prix Trial at Gamer’s Lair
Date(s) - October 20, 2019
12:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Gamer’s Lair is proud to announce its first ever Caster Chronicles Grand Prix Trial.
This event is to anyone and will offer one player to walk away as a Champion with an exclusive champion playmat, and a very special acrylic artwork of your favorite magical girl!
Are you the best Player in Canada? If you think so, then prove it by attending!
Please note: There is an attendance cap of 42 players. We recommend you pre-register by clicking here.
Entry is $10 and includes one of each of the following promos:
Additionally, the following prizes will be awarded based on standings:
- 1st Place: Exclusive Champion Playmat, 1st pick of acrylic artwork
- 8th-2nd place: Exclusive Top 8 Playmat, choice of 1 acrylic artwork
Please note that deck lists will be collected, you can print off a decklist here: https://duelkingdom.ca/wp-content/uploads/Caster-Chronicles-Deck-Registration-Sheet.pdf
- Players play up to a maximum of three games per match. The first player to win two of the three games, wins the match. Players will have 1 hour to complete each match.
- Any and all cards officially released and sold within Canada, are legal for use. Additionally, any PR cards distributed in Canada are also legal for use.
- Foreign Language cards are allowed if those cards are also available and released in Canada, if these cards are used a translation must be printed and available upon request.
- The following card may not be present in a deck:
-BP01-187EN “Play Nice”
Prizing and tournament structure
The tournament will use the following structure:
- 4-8 Players: 3 Rounds of Swiss, cut to top 2 players elimination (Prizing awarded afterword)
- 9-16 Players: 4 Rounds of Swiss, cut to top 4 players elimination (Prizing awarded afterword)
- 17-32 Players: 5 Rounds of Swiss, cut to top 4 players elimination (Prizing awarded afterword)
- 33-40 Players: 6 Rounds of Swiss, cut to top 8 players elimination (Prizing awarded afterword)
A swiss round means that players are not eliminated regardless of how many losses occur. Elimination means the player is dropped from the tournament after a loss.
The following cards have errata for their text and will function with the following corrected text (corrected text will be bolded):
- SD2S2-a02EN “Arthur”: [Rest], banish another “Arthur”: Put the top two cards of your deck into an allied caster zone face down, rested as a caster.
- BP02S2-074EN “Necronomicon”:Play rock-paper-scissors with target enemy player. If you win, search your deck for a card and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your deck. Produce 3 Void aether. If you lose, turn two Lv1 face up allied casters face down.
- BP02S2-062EN “Merlin”: You may play face down caster cards as well as this cards stocks. (Play the card by flipping it face up and placing it on the chase. Cards played this way must have the appropriate costs paid and must meet the normal activation timing.)
- PR-118EN “Rafina Soa (Summer Unifom ver.)”: At the beginning of an allied battle phase ⇒ Recover another target Lv1 allied caster.
- PR-117EN “Maria Ai (Swimsuit ver.)” : At the beginning of an allied battle phase ⇒ Put the top three cards of your deck into your graveyard.
- PR-116EN “Chopart (School Swimsuit ver.)”: At the beginning of an allied battle phase ⇒ Recover target allied servant.
- PR-120EN “Shera Angellica (Summer Uniform ver.)”: [Enter] ⇒ Destroy target enemy servant with cost of 2 or less.