Pokemon: League Cup – Team Up!
Date(s) - May 12, 2019
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join us in our Standard format League Cup, for a chance to win special playmats and promo cards, as well as Championship Points. All ages and skill levels are welcome, however please note that this is a competitive event.
(Players are divided by age into three groups.)
The tournament is divided into three groups based on age, and as such entry differs slightly between groups:
- Masters entry is $15 and will add two packs to the prize pool for that age group
- Senior and Junior entry is $15 and will include 1 entry pack of the player’s choice, as well as add one pack to the prize pool for that age group
Entry is capped at 50 Players. Registration starts at 10:00AM and ends at 11:00AM.
The Standard format is the format for this event. Each round will be best of 1 game, with 30 minutes of time.
The 2019 season Standard format currently consists of the following expansions:
- Sun & Moon
- Sun & Moon—Guardians Rising
- Sun & Moon—Burning Shadows
- Shining Legends
- Sun & Moon—Crimson Invasion
- Sun & Moon—Ultra Prism
- Sun & Moon—Forbidden Light
- Sun & Moon—Celestial Storm
- Sun & Moon—Lost Thunder
- Sun & Moon—Team Up
- Sun & Moon Trainer Kit—Lycanroc & Alolan Raichu
- Sun & Moon Trainer Kit—Alolan Sandslash & Alolan Ninetales
- McDonald’s Collection 2016
- Black Star Promo Cards: SM01 and higher
With the exception of basic Energy cards and previously printed cards that appear in Standard-legal expansions, players may not use cards from Pokémon TCG expansions prior to Sun & Moon. Players using previously printed cards that appear in Standard-legal expansions may play those cards as long as the effect described is functionally identical to that of the most recent printing of the card.
Prizing and tournament structure
- 8 Players: 3 Rounds of Swiss, cut to top 2 players elimination (Prizing awarded afterword)
- 9-16 Players: 4 Rounds of Swiss, cut to top 4 players elimination (Prizing awarded afterword)
- 17-32 Players: 5 Rounds of Swiss, cut to top 8 players elimination (Prizing awarded afterword)
- 33-50 Players: 6 Rounds of Swiss, cut to top 8 players elimination (Prizing awarded afterword)
A swiss round means that players are not eliminated regardless of how many losses occur. Elimination means the player is dropped from the tournament after a loss.