Pokemon – ARG 2018 Summer State Championships at Gamer’s Lair
Date(s) - July 1, 2018
12:30 pm - 10:30 pm
ARG is proud to announce its Summer Pokemon State Championship weekend on July 1st, 2018.
All ARG State Championships are open to anyone and will offer one player to walk away as a State Champion and an exclusive champion playmat, ARG Invitational Invite and 1 round bye.
Those finishing in the Top 8 will also win an exclusive collectible Top 8 playmat, ARG Invitational Invite.
Are you the best Player in Canada? If you think so, then prove it by attending!
Please note: There is an attendance cap of 36 players. We recommend you pre-register by clicking here.
Entry is $30 and includes 5 packs of the latest booster set. Additionally, the following prizes will be awarded based on standings:
- 8th-2nd place: Exclusive ARG Top 8 CLOTH Playmat (Manufactured by Ophidian Accessories)
- 1st Place: Exclusive ARG Champion CLOTH Playmat (Manufactured by Ophidian Accessories), One Round Bye to ARG Circuit Summer Invitational
Please note that deck lists will be collected, you can print off a decklist here: https://www.argcircuitseries.com/uploads/6/8/9/7/68975583/2017-sts_8.5×11.pdf
Standard format for the 2018 season will be used and consists of the following expansions:
- XY—BREAKthrough and any expansions released afterward
- Black Star Promo cards numbered XY67 and up, and SM01 and up
- Cards from the following products are also legal:
- Each round is 60 minutes, each round is best of 3 games
Prizing and tournament structure
The tournament will use the following structure:
- 4-8 Players: 3 Rounds of Swiss, cut to top 2 players elimination (Prizing awarded afterword)
- 9-16 Players: 4 Rounds of Swiss, cut to top 4 players elimination (Prizing awarded afterword)
- 17-32 Players: 5 Rounds of Swiss, cut to top 4 players elimination (Prizing awarded afterword)
- 33-40 Players: 6 Rounds of Swiss, cut to top 8 players elimination (Prizing awarded afterword)
A swiss round means that players are not eliminated regardless of how many losses occur. Elimination means the player is dropped from the tournament after a loss.
Please ensure your deck follows the Standard Format